Snowplow Contractor Rules & Regulations
Contractors that plow snow from property owners' driveways must obtain a permit and adhere to Cordillera procedures, including providing current insurance information to operate within Cordillera. The registration form must be completed online and the permit can be picked up from the Administration building at 408 Carterville Road.
All permits are valid for one (1) winter season from November 1 to May 31. Permits may be suspended or revoked by the District or its authorized designated representative for cause at any time.
Snow Plow contractors are allowed in the community between the hours on 5 a.m. and 10 p.m., seven days a week. Exceptions to these hours will be approved by the on-duty patrol officer when more than 2 inches of snow has fallen after 10 p.m.
Proof of Insurance
In order to receive a permit, applicants are required to maintain Worker’s Compensation in amounts required by state law; public liability and public property damage insurance with minimum limits of not less than $250,000 combined single limit, each occurrence, $1,000,000 general aggregate. Cordillera Metropolitan District shall be named as an additional insured on the applicant's comprehensive general liability insurance and snow plow vehicle liability insurance.
At the time of permit application, the applicant shall have the insurance company file with the District a certificate of insurance stating that the insurance policies required by these rules and regulations have been issued to the applicant, listing the minimum limits of each, effective policy numbers, the name of the company, the effective date of the policies and the expiration date.
Snow Removal – Requirements
- Snow shall not be pushed, deposited or left on any public street, sidewalk, park or greenbelt area.
- Snow shall not be deposited in such a way as to impede the traffic flow or vision of anyone driving a motor vehicle on a public or private street or right-of-way.
- Each property in the community has a designated area which the contractor should use for snow storage. If the Contractor does not understand where this area is located they should contact the property owner and/or their property management company. If there are still questions/concerns the contractor should contact the District for proper snow storage area and/or proper procedure for snow removal location.
- Vehicles must have an operating flashing yellow light on the roof of the vehicle when engaged in plowing snow.
- No snow plowing operations between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. unless authorized by CMD staff or in the event of significant continuous snow fall. Authorization requests must be made in writing and submitted to the Community Operations Director and/or the Public Safety Director.
The Cordillera Metro District understands the importance of a good snow removal program and works with each of the contractors to ensure the driveways along with the Cordillera roadways are well maintained. If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Community Operations or Public Safety.